Sunday, January 31, 2010

01.31.10 @ 0313

I think the most amazing thing about the birth of a baby is seeing the parents reaction to the baby... especially when those parents have been your friends for almost your entire life. Early this morning Samantha gave birth to a sweet little baby boy, Lincoln William Copeland. She was a rockstar with labor, even when it lasted into the early hours of the morning. He was 7 pounds 4 oz and 20.25 inches long.... not to brag or anything but I did win the bet on weight AND length... I had guessed 7 pounds 5 oz and 20.25 inches long... and I do have photo documentation of the bet! What did I win? Buying the dad a steak dinner, although I do not see him leaving Lincoln's side for a while, so at least I have time to budget for it! :) While I would love to post photo after photo of this handsome little guy, I think it's only fair to wait until their families have had time to meet him to do this, so I will instead post how we entertained ourselves while waiting for the little guy to arrive...


When we arrived and who all was waiting...

Lincoln's baby blanket I made for him
And how we entertained ourselves...


Made bets on his weight, McDonalds run, Panera run for cofee when we realized it would be a long night, and why is there a men's bathroom sign? Oh, yes, to the entertainment of many, I accidentally went in the men's restroom, and wondered why everybody was holding up cameras to take a photo when I walked out! For some reason it didn't click why the toilet seat was left up, but in my defense this did used to be a unisex bathroom, and I had been up for almost 24 hours... funny none the less, though! It became the joke of the night!
This was who was watching the monitor and caring for Samantha (yes it's my sis, Melissa), and this is the room where the action was happening, so I picked all my nailpolish off waiting for the sweet arrival...
He's beautiful and absolutely perfect! Congrats Samantha and Chris!

I'll post more photos after the rest of the family meets him!

No comments: