Friday, August 13, 2010

May

May was such a busy, but great month. What made it great was finishing finals, but the sad event that occurred was that I can no longer refer to myself as being in my "20's," which makes me feel so much older. More on that later, though! So finals could have not gone better, and then came Mother's Day. When Chris asked me what I wanted to do, truthfully, the last thing I wanted to do was sit through a restaurant wait after church, so I voiced my opinion (I know... such an unusual occurrence), and got my wish of Chipotle at the park. It was so stinking cold that day, but I didn't care, I just really wanted to get my hands on Emilia's new fancy kite!!

Emilia and I both prefer these kind of bouquets to wake up to in the morning! Breakfast is served!

My first time ever flying a kite... Emilia was quite a good teacher!
So what do you do when you are feeling old and sorry for yourself? Eat all this chocolate covered fruit pictured above... check... clean out your closets (every thing feels better when your closets are clean!)... check... sign up for a half marathon... check!
After spending the day cleaning out closets we went out for a yummy dinner at our favorite place... Marina Grogg and Galley
The dessert was almost as sweet as the company!


For Mother's day I actually ordered my own gift... weird I know, but Natalie, a girl I had met, does the most amazing paintings, and was doing them to raise money for the March of Dimes walk, so I could not resist, and actually ended up walking at the MOD walk with her and her daughter, Brynn. So here is a picture of her taking a picture of Emilia to work from. Getting a toddler to hold still can be tricky... had I wanted a sucker in the painting, I have a feeling we would have had no problem, though!
When I was in high school, we actually had, on two different occasions, foreign exchange students living with our family. One of them, Petra, has since returned to her home country of Croatia, gotten married and had three beautiful girls, and became an amazing Christian and a missionary to all who meet her and hear her testimony. Her and her family return to the states every three years and I was so happy to be able to spend some time with them while they were here. Pictured above are her oldest and youngest, Mia and Emili. Dora is her middle one, but her and Emilia were playing and couldn't be bothered with holding still long enough to get a clear photo! :) I wish they lived closer, but am so proud of their dedication to serving the Lord in Croatia.

Last but not least, we spent much time getting the garden ready for this summers crop...
Emilia was quite the little helper in digging the trenches to walk in, and finding the worms for the tomato plants! We have enjoyed some yummy tomatoes, peppers and onions so far this year!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Bether Boo -- We've had a summer full of GREAT memories with the girls, definately worthy of blogging - How bout an update?? Mel : ))))