Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Is it a cold or allergies?

Emilia had a runny nose all weekend, and a cough when she layed down, but then Sunday evening she broke out in hives, and did it again twice on Monday. I took her to urgent care Monday morning with the 1st set of hives because they were so bad... head to toe. I gave her benedryl before we went, and by the time they we saw the pediatrician, they were almost gone. She broke out again after nap time. Our pediatrician says it is one of two things... an allergy to honey (this was the 1st weekend she had uncooked honey) or the other option is an allergy to the cold virus. I had never heard of this before, but leave it to my child to do this! :) She is feeling much better now, though. In the spirit of upcoming Valentine's Day, we baked and decorated cookies with red and pink sprinkles.

Emilia has also been dressing herself lately, and we have left the house with some quite interesting outfits.. such as this "movie star" look! The funny part was, she said, " I mommy!" I assure everybody that although I do wear my boring gray scarf and black sunglasses often, I don't look quite so sassy!

No comments: