Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We miss you Uncle Danny!

It was so great having my Uncle Danny up for the holidays, and from what a "little birdie" told me, he might be making the move back to Kansas City. He lives in a small town, Paris, TN, and is retired from the Navy. He likes the lake, fishing, and the quietness of a smaller town, but because almost our entire family lives here, we worry about him being down there by himself... plus we would all enjoy getting to see him more! He came up to visit when I had Emilia, and was here until after we brought her home. Because Chris had used up his vacation time while Emilia was sick in the hospital, he had to return to work the day after we brought her home. It was so nice to have my Uncle here, because he came over many days to hang out! He usually comes for the holidays, but this year he stayed past the New Year, and we were able to celebrate his birthday. We went to Bravo's... yummy!

My niece, Hannah, is 7 and was my "first child." When she was born, my sister was still in college, and I was lucky to watch her often. I have been lucky to be the "fun aunt" since until 2 years ago, I had no one to spoil but my niece and nephews... and I only had 1 niece and 2 nephews... now I have 4 nephews and 3 nieces! I painted her nails at 6 months, took her to get her ears pierced at 11 months (with her mom's permission), bought her 1st diamond earrings for her 2nd birthday, and her first car at 3... a Barbie jeep. She is such a sweet little girl, and Heather and JB have been a great example of how to raise a sweet and confident child, which is harder to do than one might think! I love it when she says, " Aunt Beth, remember when it was just you and me?"... I think she's referring to before Emilia :) She loves Emilia, though, and plays little mommy with Emilia, and Emilia thinks the sun rises and sets with Hannah. I love watching them together!

No comments: