Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday Blessings

The big 29... already? From 24 to 29 has flown, probably because time flies when you are having fun, and I have to admit these have been the absolute best and most fulfilling years of my life. Five years ago I married the most wonderful husband and almost 3 years ago we added our little sweet but ornery addition, Emilia. I am quite the planner (big surprise) and thought I had my life perfectly mapped out to the number of kids I would have before I turned 30, and have come to the acceptance that as much as planning is fun, things don't always turn out the way we plan. They turn out better. I absolutely love my life. I had thought at this point in my life I would be working full time, have 3-4 kids, and be anywhere but Kansas City. Lets take a little review... 1 daughter, work 2 days a week, and live in Lee's Summit (might as well be Kansas City), and I wouldn't change a thing about it. While I would love to add 2-3 more kids, I do not plan to have these all in one year to full fill one goal by the age of 30! All bets are off at this point, though! :) I am so thankful for where my family is at in this very moment, and look forward to the many years to come. And actually I don't plan on turning 30 next year, either... I think I will just continue celebrating 29 over and over again!
My birthday celebration began with a knock on my door a little after 8am, and my sisters (and thousands of children) showed up with Starbucks to start the day out right! The kids all got to play and we hung out drinking yummy coffee... every day should begin so nicely! Oh, and Emilia slept in until 8... gotta love it! Heather surprised me with the necklace pictured above... in remembrance of many fun nights spent singing karaoke while we were in Paris! We all hung out for a bit then headed to downtown Lee's Summit for lunch and a bit of shopping then back home for nap time. Chris had planned dinner reservations with a bunch of my family, so that was lots of fun. Emilia was the only little one there because my sisters left theirs at home (not alone, though!), so needless to say she enjoyed being the center of attention. The food was great... we all ate too much... and I was glad that so many were able to come! Thanks also for all the birthday wishes.... it couldn't have been a better birthday! And thank you, Chris, for planning such a fun get together and making today so special!
some of the family Aunt Tammy and Heather Chris, Emilia and I Emilia before she spotted the camera...
you can only guess what happens next!

A little posing, any one? pose #1 #2 #7

#13

#19... thanks for encouraging it, Melissa!

#28... by this time she had an audience from the surrounding tables

which did not help the situation!

and mixing it up with a bit of theatrics!

my little actress

world's coolest umbrella!

the girls

No comments: