Friday, May 8, 2009

Turtle sitting

Wednesday when my dad and I were outside we came across a little box turtle that I saved for Emilia to see when she got home. I had it in a box on our deck and Emilia sat inside on her bench watching him for over 30 minutes... easy entertainment! I was going to let him loose before bedtime, but remembered my friend, Caryn's little boys wanting a turtle for a pet last summer, so I gave her a call to see if they wanted him. They did, so Emilia and I are turtle sitting until this weekend. Of all the animals I have had, I have never had a turtle! Emilia and I have just been feeding him fruit and veggies, and he has a nice pad of sod in his box to sleep on. He keeps dumping over his water bowl, though! Nate, here's the photo I promised of our new turtle and his breakfast grape!

PS... I finished my final paper yesterday morning! YEA!

No comments: