Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I think this year was by far the best Mother's Day I have had, and although it was a busy day, Emilia was an absolute angel. I was a little nervous of how the day would go since we had church plus my niece's 2 hour ballet to sit through (during nap time), and although we tried to plan the day out exactly... planning only goes so far when there is a 2 year old involved. I had taken the day off, so we all went to church together in the morning, then grabbed a quick lunch after church. Luckily, Emilia was quite predictable and fell asleep after 2 minutes of foot scratching, which allowed us to run a few errands before the ballet and allowed her to have an almost 2 hour nap (in the car.) She actually loved the ballet and sat quietly through the entire performance. Hannah, whose 8, was only in about 5 minutes of the performance, but Emilia swore the main ballerina was Hannah, which I thought was so sweet. I enjoyed watching Emilia's reactions to the ballet as much as I enjoyed the performance. Hannah looked so grown up out on the stage, and I still cannot believe she is getting so big. It seems like she was just Emilia's age, and if you look in the posted photos, Emilia is actually wearing a dress that use to be Hannah's. Here's some photos before and after the performance (photos were not allowed during the performance.) My own Mama and EmiliaAnd the posing begins... and continues... This pose bought her a " no dating till she's 30" from daddy...
a bit too sassy!

Daddy's sweet girl again

beautiful Hannah

and sparkly shoes

After the performance we went to Chris's sister's house to hang out for a bit. It seems with Paytons's busy school and sports schedule that we don't see them often, so it was fun to see them, and Emilia and Pam baked some cookies. They were very yummy!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!

No comments: