Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Full Sun Weekend

I think this weekend was a full sun kind of weekend, because the NICU was absolutely nuts! Usually on full moons the night shift is crazy, but this weekend the chaos all belonged to day shift. My goodness the weekends fly when you are having fun. Yesterday was an absolutely crazy day in the NICU and today wasn't boring either. I'm not sure how many babies we had admitted yesterday, probably because I wasn't there half the day! I had the opportunity to go out on a transport yesterday to pick up a baby from another facility, which is always exciting, especially when the air conditioning is working on the ambulance, which is more than I can say for the ambulance I rode in for transport last weekend... Luckily the babies are in a transport isolette, so they are not affected so much by the outside temp, especially when it is a short drive! Unfortunately I got home from work a little late last night, and it was Chris's birthday! Luckily he's very understanding, and plus I did pick up carry out... that makes up for it, right? He's always so understanding when I have to work late...lucky for me! Anyway, as far as the excitement at work today, the AC temporarily was out at my work... yes 4th floor of a hospital... it was 87 degrees in the babies room! Again, I will emphasize this sucks much more for the nurses than it affects the babies. I was actually able to let one of my babies be out to hold several times today because the room was warm enough that I did not have to worry about him getting cold, so I'm sure those parents didn't mind the heat to much, it just meant more snuggle time!

No comments: