Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Emilia!

Emilia is officially a biggie girl! She turned two on Thursday and had her big birthday bash was on Friday. I thought her first year went really fast, but this year seams to have passed even more quickly! Last week Chris was able to take off work Thursday and Friday, which was great so he was able to spend her birthday with her all day! We didn't have too much planned on her birthday except to finish getting ready for her party. I had decided instead of ordering her cake this year I wanted to make it which was a great idea in theory, but much more work than I had planned! My parents came over for birthday dinner and cup cakes... my dad's 60th birthday was Friday, so we celebrated a little early. Chris's brother, Danny, stopped by to help move the swing set, and Emilia had also decorated a cupcake for him since his birthday was Saturday. By decorating, I mean she licked the jelly beans before she put them on the cupcakes! Friday I spent the day decorating the cakes and blowing up helium balloons, and Chris spent the day occupying Emilia and keeping her from seeing the decorations. We kept telling her that her party was that night, but we wanted everything else to be a surprise. It was so cute how excited she was when she saw the back yard! Everything went great and the weather was absolutely beautiful! My dad and I made an ice cream stand that the kids would actually be able to reach, and I kept catching Emilia at the stand shoveling ice cream toppings into her mouth... so cute! She received so many awesome gifts and has been so preoccupied with them all weekend. My mom actually sowed her and her baby doll matching dresses, which she used to do for my sisters and I when we were little, so that was really neat to see Emilia so excited about it. It was such a good time though because she was so excited about EVERYTHING! She even pretended to read the cards before she opened her gifts. It was very sweet. Since Friday was also my dad's birthday, we surprised him with a strawberry rhubarb pie... his fav, and a new watch. This weekend at work flew by, but luckily things have slowed down a bit... we only have 34 babies now. Nothing exciting went on, which was nice for a change since things have been so crazy the last few weekends with deliveries and transports. Anyway, here's a few photos from the party.

No comments: