Monday, August 4, 2008

raining babies

The NICU was a hopping place this weekend... apparently THE Place to hang out for premature babies, because we now have 45 of them, and we only have 42 rooms!! It was almost comical because the babies kept coming, regardless of the fact that we didn't have enough nurses. I say comical now, but did not think it was comical when I wasn't able to leave work until after 9pm last night, and had to return at 645 this morning for my REQUIRED call shift! oh well, what can you do? Looks like the rest of this week will be spent trying to get ready for Emilia's party on Friday... the big 2 years! We are having an ice cream party, so it should be fun as long as it's not 100 degrees outside.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, We do not know each other but your blog brought happy tears to my eyes. I had twin baby girls who had to spend 2 weeks in the OPRMC NICU in 2007. I was searching for NICU reunions and found your blog. I noticed somewhere on your blog you stated you attend the yearly reunions. I have never been able to find out when they have them. We have wanted to attend. I would appreciate any info you can or will give to me. My e-mail is chawnda@comcast.net. Thank you and you have a beautiful family!