Friday, August 1, 2008

Empty Nest

Is it possible to get empty nest when they are only going to be gone temporarily... like for the day? Today was Emilia's 1st full day at preschool, and I have only called twice so far! She is doing excellent, and is sleeping for them right now. I have missed her a lot today, but was able to get a lot accomplished for her party next week, like buying wood to build her ice cream stand... doesn't every ice cream party need an ice cream stand? Actually her Papa is building it for her, and I am painting the sign for it! Home Depot trips are very difficult with a 23 month old, so it was nice to just zip in and out, but then of course when school begins, this time will being used for study time! Today's drop off went much easier than Wednesdays, partially because I got my crying done before I left the house. There was something very sad about packing her toothbrush today for before nap time, partially because she doesn't usually sleep anywhere but home, and I was worried that she might be scared or wonder where I was. So I sent all her favorite things, blankets, babies, and family photo book. A little ridiculous, I know, but I think I needed to do it just as much as she might need those securities. Anyway, hopefully it gets easier! Now I am off to shower without needing to have a baby monitor on, or having a two year old in there with me! Ah... it's the little things!

No comments: