Friday, December 19, 2008

Almost Christmas

So my over-the-top intentions mixed with chronic procrastination has led to my downfall this holiday. I think it is one of my personality flaws that I cannot just do something... its all or nothing. If I am going to by Emilia a new kitchen set for Christmas, then I need to redecorate the entire playroom.... paint it... all new furniture... oh, and how about a mural on the wall? All because I am so bored and have NOTHING to do in my free time! One day I will learn, but in the meantime her new furniture is now hiding in our basement bathroom waiting to be put together. I have painted the background color on the playroom walls... which by the way... Valspar lied. They claim only one coat is needed. I am painting pale yellow over white and will be doing the 3rd coat tonight... ridiculous! In the meantime, we have displaced the playroom toys to other areas of our house because we do not want her in the playroom until Christmas morning. Emilia has preschool Monday, and my friend, Samantha, is coming over to help me finish things up. I am hoping to sketch the walls tomorrow night after I get home from work and then paint them Sunday night after work, and finish them on Monday...after my dentist appointment! Tuesday's weather really messed up my plans, because Emilia was supposed to go to school and I was going to a friends house to help paint, but instead Emilia and I stayed home until the late afternoon. When my dad got off work, he came over and we ran up to Target then met Chris, my mom, and my Uncle Danny for dinner at Atlanta Bread. My Uncle Danny lives in Tennessee and came up for the holidays. Wednesday evening, my Aunt Tammy and I went shopping, and ended up not getting home until almost 1 am, but we got all our shopping done, which was more important than sleep at this point! Thursday I kept Emilia home due to the potential ice storm that we never got. I was glad we didn't get it, but really needed her to be in school so I could finish a few things up for Christmas. My sister, Heather, ended up dropping my nephew, Hudson, off after lunch to nap and play for a bit. He and Emilia both took 2 hour naps, then were quite helpful with fixing dinner. Even though they are so close in age, Emilia feels the need to "boss" Hudson, and much to her pleasure... he doesn't mind. When he does, though, he just shoves her and runs off... then she tattles! It is actually quite humorous. When she tells on him I ask her if she was being nice. She says, "NO, I bossy." At least she is honest! This week was busy but fun, and thanks to online shopping during nap time, I think I have everything bought and even got it all wrapped today with the help of Emilia. She does the taping quite well... and picks out the ribbon color. It was a busy week, but still a nice break being out of school! Finally got my grades back... my huge paper I got a 99%. I ended up with A's in both classes.

No comments: