Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas

Goodness, the last week went so quickly I didn't even realize I hadn't posted holiday photos! So here is our holiday summary... Christmas Eve we carried out the annual tradition of going to my sister, Melissa's house. My entire family was there as well as a few people who are "adopted" family members. The food was tasty and abundant... as it always is at our family get togethers! We had planned on only staying a bit and heading home early, but didn't leave until after 10pm... and unfortunately still had things to do for Christmas morning. Many know how I feel about the whole "Santa" aspect of Christmas... call me a pessimist, but I never believed in him and have a hard time teaching my daughter to. Because Emilia is not the only 2 year old in my family, though, (there are 3) I don't want her to spoil it for everybody, because both my sisters still teach their kids about Santa. I figured what could some "reindeer" food and decorated cookies hurt? We do have real deer in our back yard, so putting out reindeer food did not seem too far fetched to her, because she thinks the deer are reindeer. She still has never gone to see Santa... and that's just fine with me! Chris and I were up until about 2:30 am Christmas morning trying to get all her new furniture put together, but finally got it done! My parent's and Uncle Danny came over for breakfast Christmas morning, and we let Emilia sleep in while we ate cinnamon rolls (which she doesn't like)and drank coffee... which was much needed! After Emilia woke up, we made our way down to the Christmas tree, and she was quite excited to find her new baby sitting out for her. When I was growing up, my dad always read the Christmas story from Luke 2 before we opened our gifts, so it was really nice to have him here to read it for us. We all opened our gifts, but because the roads were still slick the day before Christmas, and I refuse to drive on them, Chris's biggest gift was still at Sears since I had ordered it online. He wasn't planning on working on a car that day, though, so he didn't mind! With the help of his dad letting me know what to look for, Emilia and I had gotten him a big jack, jack stands, and reclinable creeper. Kind of a weird Christmas gift, but he asked for it... he likes to change his own oil!! I got my bread slicer and slicer guide, so I was anxious to make bread! I had been making our own bread, but every time I went to slice it, I squished it, so this will definitely come in handy! Emilia was SO excited to see her playroom... although she was a little overwhelmed and did not know what to play with first. Emilia played in her playroom most the morning, and we went to my parents for dinner after nap time. Everybody was at my parents... my sisters, my aunt and uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews and my in laws. The food was great and we all ate way too much! Christmas evening, we went to Chris's sister's house. Chris's niece and her new husband came in town for Christmas, so we were excited to see them. Needless to say, Emilia was a bit over indulged this Christmas, but it will be the last Christmas we can do it and have her not remember it and expect it every year! I hope everybody had a wonderful and safe holiday!
Click to play Christmas Eve & Day

No comments: