Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Wonderland

It is official, I have to put my flip flops away... as soon as they thaw! It's snowing! I was glad I decided to keep Emilia home today so we weren't out driving in this, but it is beautiful to watch from the window with a warm cup of coffee! I worked all weekend and yesterday, so Emilia and I have been just hanging out today... relaxing! It has been nice. I still have one final paper to complete, but the biggest one is finished and turned in, so that is a huge relief. I should get the other one completed tomorrow, hopefully. One of my girlfriends, Samantha, is coming over for dinner tonight and to hang out for a bit. I put a brisket in the oven earlier and now its making me quite hungry since my whole house is filling with the aroma! Emilia and I played with play do this morning, and she wanted to make a whole Christmas scene. We made a tree, a snowman, a reindeer... Santa didn't turn out so well though. I finally gave in and mixed colors, though. I know it sounds crazy, but one of my pet peeves is colors of play do mixed. I throw it away. Emilia usually only plays with one color at a time, but how can you make a snowman without coal eyes?What kind of mom does not let her daughter mix play do? I have vowed it will no longer be me, so mix away, Emilia. I might still throw it away, though! Here's a pic of her masterpiece, Frosty. And in case you were wondering, Emilia informed me that Frosty does, infact, have a tail!

No comments: