Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Yesterday we went to a BBQ party at one of Chris's friends house. Emilia had a great time swimming and eating the oatmeal M&M cookies. We then stopped by my Aunt Tammy's house for a cookout for my cousin, Aaron, who was home for the weekend from basic training. It was awesome to see him and the rest of the extended family. I had to work the 4th this year, so Chris took Emilia over to my family's get together at my Aunt Carol's house. When I got home from work I had a ton of last minute packing to do, so I put Emilia to bed. Of course the neighbors were shooting off fire works (which we never do), and I caught Emilia out of bed watching them out the window.... I ended up letting her get out of bed and go outside with Chris to watch them while I finished the packing... The place we are staying is a cabin that belong to a family member that lives in Denver. It is right outside Winter Park, and there are 8 of us going... kind of an odd combo also! It was originally going to be Chris and I and Emilia camping in Colorado, then my dad called his cousin, Donna, and she said the cabin was available if we would rather stay there. My mom was off that week, so we invited her. My Uncle Danny (my mom's older brother) just moved in town and loves the outdoors, so we thought he'd enjoy it, and then last but not least, we figured Heather and her kiddos would have fun going, so there makes our group of 8. We are driving half way Tomorrow when I get off work, then staying in a hotel room for the night. We will finish the drive in the morning, and hopefully arrive at Donna and Pat's for lunch in Denver. Pat is then going to have us follow her to the cabin to make sure we don't get lost! Since we are leaving straight from my work, I have some last minute cooler packing that I am going to have to leave for my husband to do... with lists in hand! I planned all the meals for the week and am taking most the food with us to make things a bit easier. I also went shopping and bought Emilia some car ride goodies to hopefully keep her occupied... we'll see!

No comments: