Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day at the park

Today was the perfect day for a picnic at the park so after breakfast, Emilia and I packed our picnic and her tricycle and headed to the park near our house. She is quite the social bug and always makes a friend or two while we are there and this time she picked one little boy in particular to pay attention to. When I say little, though, I mean that he was simply shorter than her, but actually almost a year older than her. She then proceded to treat him like he was SOOO much younger than her and insisted she hold his hand to help him up on the playground stairs and even stood at the bottom of the slide to "catch" him. I apologized to the mom, but she didn't mind and neither did the little boy, Nick, so all was well. I tried to tell Emilia that he was older than her, but she kept commenting that he was little. I think this is a battle we will fight for awhile since Emilia is so tall for her age, but hopefully she will learn not to pat the shorter kids on the head... it is a bit condescending!
Taking a small break to enjoy some string cheese!

"Moosey" even needed a break

Thumbs up! It was a good day!

No comments: