Sunday, September 6, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame!

Who knew we had our own little baseball fan on our hands? Last night we took Emilia to her 1st Royals game and she loved it. I don't mean she was just well behaved, but she was really enjoying it. She caught on quickly to the clapping and cheering, and thought it was so great that you can scream as loud as you want at the game... what's not to love? She also had her 1st cotton candy ever and loved it as well. We went to the game with our niece, Erika, and her husband, Tim, and then also ran into some of our friends, Ryan and Ashley. Emilia is quite infatuated with Ryan... they have quite the odd relationship, though, and I almost have a heart attack when I see the way they rough house together, but she seems to love it! I am sure you can guess which one is Ryan in the photos below!) This was the 1st time we had been to a game in the renovated stadium, and it was much nicer... the Royals still lost, but hey at least the stadium looked nice! Emilia got quite excited in the 7th inning stretch when they sang " take me out to the ball game," although I am having a hard time convincing her the words are not ,"buy me some peanut butter and cracker snack..." whatever works, right? Emilia and Chris even made it on the big screen before the game was over... she thought that was too cool!

Emilia also got to ride her 1st real horse at her friend, Isa's, 3rd birthday party earlier that day. Big day of firsts! Isa and Emilia go to preschool together and I knew Isa's dad from highschool. Emilia was a bit nervous of the ponys at first, but warmed up by the end of the 1st ride and was ready for a 2nd!

Happy Birthday ISA!

No comments: