Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday

I cannot believe it is Monday again. This weekend flew by, probably because I only worked Sunday. The NICU is down to 15 babies with at least 3 more going home this week, so they are cancelling nurses. I volunteered to be cancelled so I could have some time to work on my paper that is due in 2 weeks. Saturday evening we went to Chris's sister's house for dinner. His brother, Danny's fiance's parents came in town to meet Danny's parents. Her family was really nice and they were so cute with Emilia... they are looking very forward to their first grand baby! Emilia and I had the laziest day on Friday. We got up at 730 because my nephew, Ty, came over before school so I could paint his face for spirit day at school. Then Heather and Hudson stopped by and we all went for breakfast at Atlanta bread. It was so nice out that we decided to sit outside, which the kids loved because they could run around the outside patio. After breakfast we headed to Borders and picked out a few books. I also found her a sock puppet making kit, which she was very excited about. We finally headed home in time for lunch. After lunch, Emilia and I both laid down for a nice little nap. We used to nap together a lot when I worked night shift, but every since I began working days, I use her nap time to get things done around the house. Napping was nice for a change! This week Chris actually has a couple days off, so hopefully I will be productive with my paper today and have a few days to play at the end of the week. I am getting really frustrated though because I am waiting on a few articles that I need for my paper, and I have requested them 3 times now. If they don't come in the next few days, I will have to venture downtown to the Health Science Library and try to find them there. Usually you can just request them online from your school and they email them to you but obviously that's not working! Anyway off to do homework!

No comments: