Monday, October 27, 2008

weekend fun

Well I asked for it... I have been assigned as transport nurse several weekends in a row, and have been frustrated that we did not need to go out. So when I went to work Saturday I left my things in the car hoping that this would jinx me into needing them... payback time! I was in the middle of report at 7am and the charge nurse came in to tell me I was going out on transport. I was told the baby was stable on room air and only had a peripheral IV... simple enough. By the time I got to the transferring facility... within 45 minutes of the call, the baby was having central lines placed and being placed on a ventilator...little bit more challenging transport, but luckily things went smoothly. Then when I got back to our facility and gave report to the nurse assuming care, I found out we were getting twins, so I got to go to that delivery... I ended up not leaving work until after 9pm. So Sunday I kept my mouth shut and took my transport clothes in with me! It was a quiet day! This morning my mom picked Emilia up and took her shopping to pick out a new toy, then they were going back to my mom's house for lunch and a nap. This gives me a chance to work on my paper and then I will go get her when she wakes up. One of my friends from high school is coming over tonight for dinner, so that will be fun, and Emilia absolutely loves her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who is the cute little boy in all the pictures? jk very cute pics at lilys party but where are the ones with her belly showing and the doll clothes on her head