Saturday, November 22, 2008

The New Tree

No, I was not in fact eaten by a tree, but those are my legs hanging out! I never imagined a thirteen foot Christmas tree was so huge... but it is. I had told Chris I was getting a new one this year because the 6 ft one we had previously looked too small. There might have been a happy medium between 6 and 13 feet. I simply thought since Christmas is only once a year, the bigger the tree, the better. The thought did not cross my mind how wide the base of a 13 foot tree would be, not to mention that my living room furniture might not fit with the tree set up, which is kind of what happened! I also did all this while my husband was out of commission to to his recent removal of teeth... no heavy lifting! Thank goodness my brother in law and father saw humor in the situation and helped me set it up. The next day I decided I did not like where we had put it, and had to move the furniture and tree by myself. How do you move this large of a tree already put together? Pushing the base one inch at a time and praying to God it does not fall on you, meanwhile trying to avoid hitting the ceiling fan. Chris just watched and laughed. I love it though and Emilia was very excited about it after she got over the fact that we had rearranged the furniture. She tried and tried, very unsuccessfully to move the couch back to the original spot... that is until I showed her that she could push the buttons to turn the tree lights on. Instant distraction! Than she discovered that both of us (and probably my entire family) can fit under the tree. I guess Santa will have to bring bigger presents this year. Chris, you can put my new camera lens and iPOD in a really big box :) !

I cannot wait to decorate it on Thanksgiving!

No comments: