Saturday, November 15, 2008

shingles...you've got to be kidding me!

Okay, so I went to the doctor Monday morning thinking my back pain was a kidney infection, and the bug bite on my stomach was totally unrelated, so when the dr asked me what was wrong I simply said I had a kidney infection and I was still getting over my cold from last week. She began pushing on my back and then wanted to push on my abdomen, and I said... oh I think I have a bugbite or something. She tried not to laugh at me as she told me I did not have a kidney infection or a bug bite, but instead shingles (I must have been sleeping that day in nursing school!). Yes, I know this chicken pox relative is more popular in the geriatric population, but I like to mix things up a bit. Anyways it sucks! The rash was nothing, but I could have done without the stabbing pains in my back and side. I spent most the week hopped up on pain and anti viral pills, hence the lack of blog postings... the week was kind of a blur. Luckily, Chris or my sisters were here to help me take care of Emilia! I am of course not allowed to work this weekend since a chicken pox outbreak in the NICU is frowned upon! :) Meanwhile I have been resting until today and I actually ventured out to Gymboree for some retail therapy and got home this evening feeling well accomplished! Anyways, I'll post more later!

No comments: