Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not so happy halloween

Our Halloween was anything but riveting. We did have plans to go to my aunt and uncles house... all my family was going, but since Emilia wasn't feeling well, we decided to stay in. Chris had the brilliant idea to let her answer the doorbell when the tricker treaters came, which might have sounded good in his head until he opened the front door and a scary Godzilla was there. I am already anticipating therapy over that one... I have never seen such terror in a child's eyes. She screamed louder than I would have ever guessed she could. Then she kept saying she was scared of the monster. It was absolutely heart breaking, and then she was scared every time somebody rang the doorbell. I tried to explain to her the concept of a mask, but the Blues Clues Halloween episode did a better job... thank goodness for Blues Clues on Demand.( did I really just say that?) :) Anyway, needless to say, it was not too festive. The highlight of the evening was before the drama of tricker treaters, though. My mom stopped by with a goody bag for Emilia, and that was the happiest I had seen her all day. It had a banana, animal crackers, 2 suckers and M&Ms. She thought she was in heaven. That was the most she ate all day. Emilia is also in the midst of her 1st "real" illness and 1st set of antibiotics:( I had taken her to the peds office on Thursday for her cough, but they weren't too impressed since she didn't have a fever or anything... okay fine...Less than 12 hours later she had a fever and much more impressive cough. Yesterday she only got worse because she refused to eat or drink. She even turned down mac-n-cheese and chocolate milk... that's really bad. Then she woke up from her nap with green drainage from one of her eyes... lovely pink eye! Luckily her ped called in some eye drops for her without me having to take her back in. Then last night her cough was so horrible that she was gagging herself. It was so pathetic and I was so worried that I slept in her room on her floor until 3am, then had Chris take over because I hadn't yet fallen asleep and had to get up for work at 5am. Chris said she acted a bit perkier this morning, but still took her to urgent care, since she still had a fever and a nasty cough. Thank goodness her peds office has walk in 7 days a week! They went ahead and started her on antibiotics for her ears being so red, so hopefully she starts feeling better soon. I hate seeing her feel so badly. When her fever gets above 101, she just lays there... very pathetically. Hopefully she is on the mend, though. And hopefullly she'll start eating again soon, she's lost weight already... fully dressed she was 24.5 lbs today, and we already work hard enough trying to keep weight on her without being sick. In the meantime, though, I am having problems staying awake at work! I will be so happy to get that extra hour of sleep tonight, and hopefully it will be in my bed rather than on Emilia's floor.

No comments: