Saturday, September 27, 2008

A biggie girl

Click to play Octoberfest
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook
This week was a big week for Emilia... she moved to a biggie girl bed! She had never attempted to climb out of the crib, but I figured why wait for a bump on the head to convert her bed to a toddler bed! Thursday I was feeling brave, so I did it while she was at school. She was so excited when she saw it, but was quite upset I had removed her toys from the railing, so I let her put some back up. She never plays with them, but they obviously give her some sense of comfort, so I figured they couldn't hurt. Because her bed is so close to the floor... less than 6 inches, I did not put up a side rail. I would rather her learn not to roll off the bed while it is low to the ground rather than when we convert it to a full size bed and there is much further to fall! She rolled off the bed once the first night, so I put some of my big pillows in front of the bed for padding, but she has not done it since. She did not even totally wake up, though, she was just laying on the floor griping. Emilia got to go see her cousin, Payton, in his homecoming parade on Friday. She had a blast and her Aunt Pam helped her collect all the candy the students were throwing... Thanks Pam! :) I'll be sending her to your house with all the candy! Later Friday evening we headed off to Octoberfest for a bit. We ate at this great little BBQ place, and then took Emilia through some of the kids activities... I even let her ride some of the germy rides! It was therapy, but don't worry, I was armed with my hand sanitizing wipes!
Click to play parade
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: