Friday, September 19, 2008

Ty's 1st soccer game

I spent the whole morning yesterday working on my paper that is due Sunday, and I am almost completed with it. Then I had a surprise visit from my sister and her friend Jen, who brought her sweet baby girl with her.(http://babymiller08.blogspot.com/) Sofia was very sad because she had just received her shots at her pediatricians office, but I still managed to get a few smiles. It was so great to meet her after so long... I couldn't count the prayers I said for that baby, and to see her doing so well was really incredible. Yesterday was Ty's 1st soccer game of the season so Emilia and I headed over there after I picked her up from preschool. It was really funny because my niece Lily kept running out on the field. She watched Melissa to see the second she turned away then made a mad dash for it. It didn't help the whole crowd was laughing at her which egged her on! Luckily Emilia didn't follow! I had to leave the game a bit early to pick up Chris because we were scheduled to donate blood. After that, we met my parents at our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Fuente. I actually ran into an old friend while we were there, Steve, who I haven't seen in years. Then we had to hurry home to get Emilia bathed and to bed before it got too late. I think she was having bad dreams last night though, because she woke up really upset, so Chris went in to check on her, but she cried because she wanted me. So when I went in there, she wanted me to rock her, which I did, but she couldn't get settled. After about 30 minutes I layed her down, and went back to bed. Not even 5 minutes later she was up and crying again. I ended up laying down beside her bed and she hung her arm out for me to scratch, and we both fell asleep after awhile. Chris woke me up at 5 to have me go back to bed, and she stayed asleep for the remainder of the night/morning. Hopefully this does not become the new norm, though, because my back cannot take sleeping on the floor! She was in good spirits this morning when she got up and was excited to be at preschool when I dropped her off. Now today I have to finish my paper, run to Target, Costco, the Gap and Gymboree, and still pick Emilia up hopefully by 3 so we can go to the park!

No comments: