Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun day Monday

So last week flew by and apparently I didn't update on all the exciting happenings of the week, so hear goes, and just the highlights. I got in a small fender bender on Thursday... with my neighbor! Luckily for my car, I was driving my husband's truck! I was parked about a cars length behind her mustang, and her husband just happened to pull into our neighborhood at the same time. So without looking behind her she threw her car into reverse and into my truck. Apparently it is really hard to check the rear view mirror while smoking your cigarette. She wasn't very friendly, nor was her spouse. He actually was quoting to me, after he stated he was an engineer, that car bumpers are built to withstand 15 mph impact. Like the red scratches on my white truck just magically appeared and had nothing to do with the accident. I really didn't have time to bother with it because I was running late, so I just told them we would exchange info later... I figured since they lived a few houses down from us it would not be an issue. I was probably wrong in that assumption! So that was my exciting Thursday. Then Friday evening Chris had picked up carry out from 54Th Street, and we were having a "picnic" on the living room floor, while watching the weather because of the severe weather out that evening.(Usually we would be watching Finding Nemo.) I was watching very intently, because the only thing that scares me more than sharks is tornadoes. The storm was supposed to go north of us, but I asked Chris if we should move to the downstairs family room just in case. No more than 5 minutes after he told me no that the storm would be missing us... the sirens began going off. I grabbed Emilia and her dinner plate and ran for the basement leaving my husband behind before he even knew what was happening! After he joined us in our basement bathroom, the doorbell rang. I was half tempted to not answer it, but luckily I did because it was my sister and little nephew. Heather had been on her way to get my niece from a friends house when the sirens began alarming, and she was near our house, so came in for cover. By that time Chris had grabbed our food from the living room and we all settled in for a picnic to wait out the sirens. They only lasted about ten minutes, but I swore it took ten years off my life! I worked all weekend, as usual. It was fairly busy, which made the weekend go by quickly, and then I had to stay up late last night to get one of my assignments completed. Today I did nothing but play with Emilia all day. My sister and nephew came over early, and I was out of coffee, so ran to Atlanta Bread for coffee and breakfast. Emilia loves their french toast! We played outside quite a bit, and Emilia figured out how to pedal her trike... steering still questionable! We also collected some leaves and flowers... some from the neighbors yard thanks to Aunt Heathe and glued them onto paper to make little trees and garden. Emilia loves to dip things in glue, so it was a hit, although Hudson was more interested in trampling through my mums than sitting still long enough to glue! I had Hudson and Hannah duty tonight, but unfortunately Chris had to work late, so it was me vs. 3 kids! Three kids is fine when they are all your own, but Emilia and Hudson don't share well, and you spend half the time refereeing the two of them. He is 18 months- going on 3 and she is 2... need I say more! Since it was so nice out, we played with the bubble machine outside, and played on the swing set. It actually went very well, I had been most worried about managing then while cooking dinner, because usually Emilia plays in her playroom while I do this, but I couldn't trust the two of them back there by themselves or blood might have been shed! Especially if he tried to touch her babies! Hannah was a huge help, though, so it couldn't have gone better. Then I threw all 3 of them in the jacuzzi tub together, because I didn't know what to do with one little one while I bathed the other! By that time Chris was home, and we just played the rest of the evening.
Click to play cousins
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

No comments: