Wednesday, September 17, 2008

petting zoo

Today was absolutely beautiful outside, so we ventured out to the petting zoo. My sister, Melissa, and two of her kiddos went and then we met my friend, Jen, and her two little girls out there. Emilia has been before, but this was the first time she really got into it. It was kind of busy with 1 five month old. 2 one year olds, 1 two year old and 1 four year old, but they were all very well behaved considering we missed nap time to go! My nephew Garrett got to ride a horse for the first time, and Emilia, Ryan and Lilly got to feed baby goats with bottles. I was kindof curious what was in the bottles...I'm guessing goat milk? Lila didn't get to do anything too exciting except drink two bottles (not goat milk :)), but she was all smiles as usual! We packed a picnic lunch, and stayed until we had to go get my other nephew from school. We had no sooner left the parking lot before Emilia, Lily, and Garrett were out cold! We then picked Ty up from school and headed to my house. They all stayed for dinner... tacos, my favorite! My brother in law came a little later, because he had to work late. He had some great news, though. He's been looking for a new job with more opportunities, and one of the jobs he really wanted offered him a position, so he was very excited! He doesn't get the official offer from human resources until the end of the week, so we are all still kind of holding our breath until it is final. My dad also found a job... he's been out of work for several months. He begins his training with Homeland Security in a couple weeks, as soon as his clearance goes through. Considering the fact he's freshly retired from the military, I don't think clearance will be an issue!

No comments: