Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy busy

Well needless to say, things have gotten a bit busy around here. Just when I thought I had gotten the hang of school, more assignments have come due! I was supposed to work on homework yesterday, but Menorah called and had a sick baby in the NICU, so I went in to help with that and got nothing done! I'm sure the baby was appreciative, though! They have a level II NICU and usually don't deal with really sick babies, so when a sick one is born there it is somewhat stressful, but by the time I left, the baby was much more stable and things seemed to have calmed down a bit! So much new news to post... congrats to my brother in law who got engaged two weeks ago! His fiance, Gillian, is from Nebraska, and is now moving down here. They have been doing the long distance thing for quite awhile, though. She seems quite nice and Emilia likes her which is really the true test... kids have a way of recognizing true character! Then one of my very old friends, Brett text me that he got engaged. I was shocked because I didn't even know he was dating anybody... needless to say we had kind of lost touch! Anyways, a huge congrats to two great guys who deserve nothing but the best for their marriages! I took Emilia in for her pediatrician's appointment last week and she has grown over 4 inches since May... crazy! She is now almost 37 inches tall... that's very tall for a two year old! She still has not gained much weight, (still 25 lbs) but how is she supposed to gain weight when she is busy growing so tall? Her pediatrician said a good rule of thumb to determine adult height is doubling their height at 2 years, which puts her around 6ft 2in. I hope, for her sake, that either he is wrong, or she's really good at volleyball! Developmentally, she's either right on track or ahead, and her language development is way ahead. I wasn't surprised at that, though, being that she is now using complete sentences. Please say some extra prayers for my little cousin Andrew in the next few days. As many of you know, he has a seizure disorder as well as other developmental issues, and has had quite a difficult summer, medically. He has kind of always been a little medical mystery because the docs cannot figure him out... partially because he is so high functioning for having such an abnormal brain... per his MRIs. Anyway, they have decided to take him off all his medications and basically induce his seizures under a docs supervision. He is staying hooked up to an EEG and being monitored by camera and the hope is to learn a little more about what is going on in his brain while he is seizing. My aunt and uncle are at the point that they are not willing to accept that this is just the way it is... they want some answers, and hopefully this will give them that, and give the docs some new ideas for treatment.

No comments: