Sunday, September 7, 2008

Good Times

Friday was the setup for the Westport Art Fair, so Emilia and I spent most our morning there. My Aunt Carol is a local water color artist and this is her favorite art show. Every since my Uncle passes away in 2001, I have become her honerary booth constructor and have become quite good at it with the help of her sons. They do the muscle work and I tell them how to set it up. Basically I'm bossy... oh and I hang the artwork to be displayed. I thought they were all going to kill me this year because when we were almost finished , I took all the art work down and started over. The colors and spacing weren't quite balanced! My Aunt Carol, the artist, was recently diagnosed with RA, and it has taken quite the toll on her joints, so we made her sit on the sidelines with Emilia. This is Emilia's 3rd Westport Art Fair setup... she's quite cultured! She was only 6 weeks old at her 1st one in 2006! This year I got down there around 10am, and as tradition has it, I bring the Starbucks. It was such beautiful weather, and almost a little chilly which is nice for a change. Unfortunately since I had to work all weekend, I was not able to actually go to the show. Chris and my dad went this afternoon to help her with take down, though. I had such a busy weekend at work, and I am very happy and sad to say one of my favorite little guys is going home tomorrow. Happy for his parents, but sad because we'll miss him alot! It's crazy when a baby spends so many months there, and then they just go home! What's even more weird is when a new baby takes that empty room. I know... that's how it's supposed to go, but it still feels empty for a while without them!
Click to play Westport Art Show 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: