Monday, March 7, 2011

some news... kind of

Well, I got some news, not sure if good or bad yet, but the melogram/CT scan showed there is a blunting of the left C-7 nerve root at the C-6 to C- 7 level, which is causing the inability to use my triceps muscle, but they are still unable to tell me what this is causing it... bummer. Good news is whatever is causing it is not so large that my doctor feels uncomfortable at least trying steroid injections to see if this might help... I would like to exhaust all options before surgery is even considered. So tomorrow I will be going in to meet with Dr. H to discuss all the results, and get my 1st spinal steroid injection. I am a bit disappointed to still feel like I have no definitive answers, but no answers is better than bad news, and I can live with that for today. I am so grateful for the staff I had taking care of me today... I was so impressed with everyone from the techs to the nurses to the radiologist... they were amazing and for that I am grateful.

Also a big thanks to my dad and Uncle Danny for picking up Emilia and watching her for the afternoon so Chris could be there with me... it is such a blessing to have family so willing to help, that I know will take good care of our little bug. And thank you to those who have offered to bring meals... you have no idea how much this means to us and we are thankful to have such amazing support from our friends and family.

PS Melissa, thanks for bringing my headphones up to the hospital so I could listen to my music...it calmed my nerves, and I really appreciated you going out of your way to do this!

No comments: