Monday, March 7, 2011

Thankful and waiting

Well, I am done with at least 2 procedures for the day, and laying in recovery for now. I am so thankful the procedures went well and as painless as I could ever have imagined considering the size of the needle used! The radiologist was amazing, and alleviated my fear by putting a large screen in front of me, so I could watch the entire procedure, which was nice... I felt like I was in school learning how to do a spinal, and not laying on a cold table having the needle put into my spine. Now I just wait, and should have the results soon... in the meantime he burned all my images onto a CD to I could see them while he did another procedure, then he will read them. In the meantime, for your viewing pleasure....

The left upper film in this 4 screen just shows the needle in the spine, and right below it you will see contrast being injected into my lower spine, then the two films on the right are after I was literally laying with my feet strapped to the table and head tilted toward the ground... it was a bit comicals, especially when he was asking, " now can you still see the screen and what I'm doing?" I'll bet he's a great teacher, because he seemed to love explaining, and like I said, I enjoyed the distraction.


 Then here's the CT... I am no expert, so we will just wait for the results, but until then I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been praying. I have truly felt overwhelmed with the support of friends and family, which makes this much less scary to go through. Please continue to pray for good results and I will post news as it comes!

No comments: